There are several ways that a school leader can use the ‘Treasures of Racism in Education’.
The book has seven different chapters that includes the seminal research in the following areas:
- Teacher Discrimination
- Black and Hispanic Student Beleifs and Perceptions
- School-Student Racial Disparity
- Discrimination in the Classroom
- Teacher-Student Verbal and Non-Verbal Behaviors
- Teacher-Student Racial Differences
Option 1: Ask your teachers to read a chapter in the book. Then facilitate a whole group discussion on that chapter during a staff meeting.
Option 2: Ask a small group of teachers to read the book and present their findings and facilitate a whole group discussion during a staff meeting.