Teacher Professional Development
Promoting Positive Racial Teacher Student Classroom Relationships Teacher Professional development Workshop has a variety of racial equity uses for both the novice and seasoned educator. It can function as a full comprehensive training program or as the center piece of an orientation for new educators. It can also act a refresher course for more experienced educators or as a mentoring tool for veteran educators to discuss situations with up-and-coming educators.
Promoting Positive Racial Teacher Student Classroom Relationships Workshop is designed to help educators become more effective at their craft. They can accomplish this through reflection and implementation of the program which empowers teachers.
After the workshop, participants will:
- Analyze the reasons that contribute to racial equity challenges in the classroom
- Provide staff members a safe process to discuss racism in the classroom
- Develop a school plan for improving teacher student racial relationships
- Learn how to eliminate disproportionate discipline
- Learn to apply leadership principles that improve teacher student racial relationships
Promoting Positive Racial Teacher Student Classroom Relationships Workshop is an easy-to-use framework that increases knowledge retention, encourages the transfer of learning, and improves the results of your diversity training efforts. The workshop framework is divided into four modules which consists of the necessary activities for Promoting Positive Racial Teacher Student Classroom Relationships.
1. Leadership – During this module participants complete a Cultural relationships Leadership Survey and discuss the necessary leadership behaviors. The specific methodology includes:
- Leadership Evaluation
- Leadership Model
- Shared Vision
2. Organizational Transformation – During this module participants learn about the self-organizing systems and the self-organization model needed to transform the organization. The specific methodology includes:
- Self-Organizing Systems
- Transformation Model
3. Cultural Discourse – During this module participants learn both the individual and cultural perspective that can create cultural challenges in schools. They also develop solutions through safe discussions to maximize efforts to transform the organization and eliminate disproportionate discipline. The specific methodology includes:
- Teacher/Student Relationships
- Cultural Analysis
- Cultural Aptitude Survey
- Discussions about Racism
- Eliminating Disproportionate Discipline
4. Planning Development – Participants develop both independent and team plans to initiate the organizational transformation associated with racial equity.
- Team Recruitment
- Shared Vision Development
- Individual Implementation Plan
- Team Implementation Plan
- Implementation Rubric
Are your teachers struggling with Students? I would love to understand more.