Why does the Quarantine Racism T Shirt make a good Father’s Day gift?
Father’s Day gift giving plays is an important process for your dad. Dads play an especially important role in the family. They are called upon to lead by example, to be loving and compassionate fathers, and to teach their children wrong from right.
Fathers are also responsible for protecting their family. A quote, attributed to British politician Edmund Burke, is “All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing.” Therefore, when evil invades a man’s life and marriage, his children’s lives, his work, and his community, the easiest thing for him to do is nothing. Evil has invaded the family in many ways.
Recent deaths have highlighted the tragedy that many dads face. Wikipedia reports that since 2014, there have been 36 unarmed Black men have been killed by police. Black men face challenges in other areas too. The Brookings Institute reports that Black men face challenges in education upward mobility, earnings, labor force participation, unemployment during the Covid-19 pandemic, life expectancy, Covid-19 deaths, and incarceration.
The challenges that Black men face are related to racism. Racism is transferring death from one race to another. A great way to help support dads on Father’s Day is with the ‘Quarantine Racism’ anti-racism slogan.
Antiracism is the practice of actively identifying and countering racism at all levels which include individual, interpersonal, institutional, and structural. According to author and historian Ibram X. Kendi, “the only way to undo racism is to consistently identify and describe it—and then dismantle it.” However, anti-racism movements require action which can compromise the dad’s ability to continue to protect their family.
Some of those actions require protest. Anti-racism protest can become expensive and distractive. Demonstrations have brought huge protests against racism. But alongside the protests came riots — at a great cost to some Black-owned businesses.
For example, the peaceful protest over the killing of George Floyd resulted in rioting, looting, and arson resulted in minority businesses suffering. Here are examples of minority business that suffered at the hands of rioters and looters who supposedly were involved in the civil rights protest related to the George Floyd incident.
- King’sFashion, a Philadelphia boutique, that was built by minority owners over the past two decades by working seven-day weeks was burned and left layered in soot.
- Private Stock Premium Boutique, an Austin Texas black-owned clothing store was looted and left in ruins during the riots.
- MNFashion and Jewelry, a Minneapolis, Minnesota jewelry store was raided and looted.
- Scores Sports Bar, a sports bar in Minneapolis, was the brainchild of a black firefighter who used his life savings to start it. Rioters burned it to the ground, and the owners did not have insurance.
- Bole Ethiopian Cuisine, a Saint Paul, Minnesota ethnic restaurant in Saint, was burnt, vandalized, and destroyed during rioting.
- Healing Path Wellness Services, a minority-owned south Minneapolis mental health clinic, was burned, looted, and destroyed.
- Ihman’s Hair Studio, a Philadelphia hair salon, was looted and ransacked.
- Guns and Roses Boutique, was started by a black businesswoman who built her fashion enterprise from the ground up. The Dallas, Texas boutique was looted and left in ruins during riots.
- Kane’s Barbershop and Altatudes, an Austin Texas minority-owned barbershop was burned during riots and extensively damaged.
- Go Get It Tobacco, a St. Paul, Minnesota black-owned tobacco store, was vandalized, robbed, and left in tatters.
The Quarantine Racism slogan is beneficial on several fronts. First it is a peaceful way to voice your opposition to racism. It does not require the participation in protest that can lead to burnings and lootings. As you can see there are several versions that you can choose from for Father’s Day.
— Quarantine Racism® (@QuarantineRacsm) May 23, 2021
You can get your t shirt for your dad at this link: Adult Tees | Quarantine Racism® Educational Services. The Quarantine Racism T Shirt is the best Father’s Day gift for your dad.
All the best,
Dr. Derrick L. Campbell, Ed.D.
PO Box 4707 Cherry Hill, NJ 08034
- Promoting Positive Racial Teacher Student Classroom Relationships
- Promoting Positive Racial Teacher Student Classroom Relationships: Facilitator Guide
- Promoting Positive Racial Teacher Student Classroom Relationships: Leadership Principles
- Promoting Positive Racial Teacher Student Classroom Relationships: Methodology
- The Raccelerate Formula App
- Treasures of Hidden Racism in Education
- The Ultimate Guide to Classroom Racism Management
“Dr. Campbell did his part and now all we have to do is run with it.”
~ Tom Coleman ~
Woodstown-Pilesgrove Public Schools Superintendent of Schools
“The model that you use to analyze teacher-student relationships is a good one for most school districts”.
~ Joe Vas ~ Perth Amboy Mayor